Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Orientation

Monday was the day of orientations- first we had the new graduate student orientation and then we had the TA/TF orientation. Unfortunately, my program also had it's orientation at the same time as the TA so the three of us who are incoming TAs had to miss the department orientation. (wow I'm really sick of typing the word orientation).

Anyway, the first half of the day was filled with fairly useful but also very boring information. By noon I really just wanted to go back to sleep (noon is being generous- truth be told I didn't actually want to get up at all). The TA portion of the day was more useful and more engaging because it was kind of hands on- unfortunately by the time we got to that part I was half asleep from the morning and had completely lost interest. I probably wouldn't bother posting about this at all but I feel like I've been neglecting my blog as of late. I did learn two very useful bits of information so the day wasn't a complete waste- first, the Mongolian Buffet has the best Chinese food in town and second, tattoos with green or yellow ink are the hardest to remove.

No comments: