Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Movers

Well, the movers have come and gone. It took far longer than I thought it would. I've never used movers before and I have to say it was strange. I wasn't sure if I should help so I started to but then felt like I was kind of in the way and I was paying them so why should I have to carry heavy stuff, and then (seeing as I'm a social historian) I started to think about what hiring movers said about class, and well, it was a downward spiral from there. So I basically stood around and occasionally helped but mostly tried to stay out of the way.    


On the bright side of this whole moving thing I will be escaping the bird. A couple years ago a pigeon (at least I assume its a pigeon- what do I know about birds) took up residence on my bedroom window sill and has used it as his home base ever since, making noise, making me think I had a mouse, cooing- or warbling whatever pigeons do, and pooping all over everything (sorry about the strong language there). I began calling him DB which is short for Damn Bird, and my sister called him Tom (she didn't hate the bird as much as me likely because he wasn't living in her window and waking her up). We tried to get rid of the bird, we got a fake owl and some fake snakes- both of which were supposed to scare away birds- both of which failed miserably. The one thing that worked was bringing over my parents dog Angel (these were pre-Rusty days) and this was only a temporary fix- about an hour after Angel left he was back. But since he has been in my life for several years now, I thought I should include a picture of him here... so here's DB aka Tom.   

No comments: