Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meeting

I met with my new advisor today and she seems cool, it was a good meeting even if I felt a little awkward. While I was on campus I decided to buy a parking pass- those of you I left behind at the U have no reason to complain about the expense of parking passes- sure they may seem expensive, that is until you buy one here- it was $305! 

I left Rusty home (obviously it would be less than professional to show up to a meeting with a dog). I had planned on leaving him in his crate for a while- until he got used to it here- but I thought I'd leave him in my office instead. It is the least organized room right now- I haven't had the energy to unpack my books yet- too overwhelming- so there are boxes everywhere. When I got home he was sitting on my desk. It was so funny- he looked like he got caught doing something bad. I'm sure he choose the desk because it's under the window- that way he could keep an eye out for me. Plus I threw so blankets and pillows on the desk because I was going to make the bed in there and ran out of time. With his new haircut he kinda looks like a little lamb- so I came home to a chagrined sheep on my desk.
 

2 comments:

melanie said...

Glad your meeting went well! As I am looking at programs I am finding it really intimidating to try to find somebody who will be a good fit!

Michaele said...

You probably already know this, but I would recommend emailing people you're interested in working with to make sure they are taking new students- I got a nice response from everyone I emailed and there were a couple people who weren't taking new students or were going to be off for a year. etc. Almost everyone was super nice even some of the more well known people.