Saturday, August 16, 2008

more about moving

Ok, so I had planned on posting something everyday of the move but I was way too tired by the time we got in to the hotels so I didn't. Also, I took several pictures but now I can't remember where they were taken- the trip kind of went by in a blur- lot's of driving, very few stops, basically way too many hours in a car. But I'll try to remember some of the highlights.

I took this picture in Wyoming, sorry if anyone from Wyoming is reading this- but Wyoming is boring (at least the part we drove through), this was about as exciting as it got.

I think this picture is from Kansas...

I believe we came across this sign in Missouri- non-Utahns might not appreciate this but I think Ogden and Manhattan on the same sign is oddly amusing...


Here's West Virginia (at least I'm pretty sure- like 95%)

I'm fairly sure this picture was taken in Virginia- but it might be West Virginia...

And this is Virginia- it's kind of hard to see but there are mountains in Virginia- they don't look like Utah mountains- but they were still nice to see...

Of course, I also have some great pictures of Rusty. He did amazingly well in the car, for the first two days he stayed in the front seat- the back seat was stacked full of boxes and luggage, for the most part he sat on one of our laps but for several hours he slept on the center console kinds of wrapped around a drink and the gear shift.

On the third day we decided to eat breakfast in a restaurant instead of in the car and while he was alone in the car he figured out he could get more comfortable in the back seat on top of the luggage- I eventually put his little bed on top of the suitcases and he snuggled back there all day.  




1 comment:

Jenel said...

I'm so glad you made it!! Hope everything is going well. Thanks for all the postcards.