Monday, October 13, 2008

When I grow up...

I want to be a historical reenactor. You thought I came to Williamsburg to go to school but really it was to be closer to "living history" where I might someday be able to secure a job as a milkmaid... or a tavern wench. The ultimate role of course would be a revolutionary war hero but I'm guessing the don't hire many female war heros- but they should! There were women who disguised themselves as men and went to war- one even received a pension after the war.   

Ah... my kingdom for a pair of fancy pants and a tri-corner hat...


5 comments:

Laura said...

You could reenact not being able to vote or have property,or testify in court or... the list goes on.

Michaele said...

I didn't say I wanted to travel back in time and live then! You can be a historical reenactor and then go home a vote (or go to the nearby elementary school or church- aka polling place- and vote! Jeez! I'm not stupid enough to actually want to live in another time.

Jenel said...

Hmmm...a tri-corner hat...now I know what to get you for Christmas :-)

melanie said...

I love how you keep reminding me how much I love Colonial Williamsburg. I want to be the person who leads the cow up and down the street.

liz said...

nerd!