Sunday, October 5, 2008

Recipe

Back in August, I posted a picture of the super fantastic dinner I made, see it here. And I said I would post the recipe, but alas I never did, so here it is now... I made it with chicken but you could substitute turkey if you'd prefer it- both kinds are tasty (and they are even better with gravy). 

Savory Chicken Crescents 
3 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (or turkey) or 2 5 oz. cans boned chicken
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon chopped chives or onion
1 tablespoon chopped pimento- if desired (I don't add pimento)
8 oz can Pillsbury Refrigerated Quick Crescent or Italian Flavor Crescent dinner rolls 
3/4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, blend cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter (reserve 1 tbls butter) until smooth. Add the next 6 ingredients, mix well. Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal, spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto center of each rectangle, pull four corners of dough to top center of chicken mixture, twist slightly and seal edges. Brush tops with reserved butter; dip in crouton crumbs. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. (Makes 4). I got this recipe from one of my mom's cookbooks- I believe it's one put out by Pillsbury.   

Enjoy!

No comments: