Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mmm coffee...

(Disclaimer- Jenel you might not want to read this!)

I thought I'd plug my favorite coffee shop- Just Add Coffee. The location is not great for me, as it is in Taylorsville, so I don't get there as often as I like- but their frozen chai lattes are totally worth the drive. 

If the name sounds familiar it's probably because they have been in the news in Utah because of their t-shirts. They had a t-shirt that said "Just Add Coffee" and featured the hand of God pouring coffee in to the Angel Moroni's trumpet. This upset the Mormon Church who sent them a letter asking them to stop (also claiming copyright on the angel). The owners pulled the t-shirts but now have a new one which is basically the same but the angel is cut out of the picture- so it's just the hand pouring coffee and now the caption below the picture says- "The Lord Giveth and a Church Taketh Away." I believe the have another t-shirt which features two missionaries and says "Just Add Coffee," but it's not on their website. If you're interested click on the link above and check out their web-site they have links to some of the articles about them.   

No comments: