Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hi-ho, hi-ho...

I've been crazy busy- working two jobs can keep you on your toes. 

It's been very strange being back at the dealership. I've worked there on and off since high school and you know what they say- the more things change the more they stay the same. It really hasn't changed that much- there are a lot of different people but there are also a lot of the same ones who've been there forever. I kinda feel like I've grown up there since I started working there so young and it was my first full-time "real" job. This time I'm filling in for the runner for the summer. It's the perfect summer job- for me at least, I'll need little to no training, I get to drive around (which I actually like doing- and bonus- I don't have to pay for the gas or use my car- I get to drive a demo- a new car- not a fancy new car- the base level model, the windows have to be hand-cranked- I didn't know they still made cars without automatic windows!) I also get to read while I'm waiting at the DMV- again I realize this might not sound like fun- but we get to sit in chairs while we wait and while they process our paperwork, so really I get paid to sit and read and now that I'm temporarily done with school I can read whatever I like- it feels like such a luxury! (I know- I'm a nerd).  

Anyway, working at the dealership has me reminiscing. When I first started working there I was also working at the Hallmark store in Cottonwood Mall. They recently tore down the mall and have some huge development planned, I drove by there the other day and took some pictures- it's kind of sad- but look how pretty the mountains are in the back ground.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

whoa - back at the dealership. well, sounds like a lovely summer job, so i guess you can't beat that.

i loved the photos of williamsburg, and am so excited to visit you there in the fall! good times ahead!