Thursday, May 22, 2008

The joys of flying stand-by...

My sister works for an airline which means my parents can fly free, so when I decided to go to Virginia to find an apartment I asked my dad to come with me and help me pick out a place. The only problem with flying free is that is also means flying stand-by. I had tickets but my dad didn't, so I felt like a complete jerk when I had to leave him in Richmond because there weren't enough seats on my flight. He was able to get out of Richmond on the next flight but missed the connection out of Atlanta and ended up spending most of the day in the airport but finally made it home about 6 hours after I did. 

The trip was productive, I looked at a lot of places and finally put a deposit on one- hopefully everything works out and I'll have a place to live. 

Here are some pictures from Williamsburg....

No comments: