Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Monticello

My mom came out for a visit and we decided to drive up to Monticello. I picked a horrible day to drive- the rain was intense which made for some tense moments- why don't people know how to drive in inclement weather? (people probably wonder the same thing about me).

Anyway, we got to Monticello and caught the bus up to the house and had to run through the deluge to the porch- just in time for the rain to let up. By the time we finished the house tour the sun had come out and the grounds were absolutely beautiful! I took some pictures, but they don't really do it justice. I'll share anyway...



























1 comment:

Jessica said...

i visited Monticello when i was about 15 - and about this same time of year. it was beautiful. thanks for the postcard!