Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yippee

I finished my last paper today! I'm feeling very burnt out- thank goodness the semester is over.

It's been one of those months. School has been frustrating and this semester has been overwhelming. But when I sit back and think about it I'm still very grateful and feel lucky to be here instead of working in the real world. The news about the auto industry has also given me pause. I think about my other life- the one I was living before I decided to go back to school. If I hadn't made that decision I'd probably still be working at the car dealership. I liked my job there but was bored and frankly unfulfilled. Leaving a good job to go back to school (and go into debt) was a very scary prospect but the recent news has made me realize that there is little security anywhere and taking a risk is worth it if you think it could bring you happiness and challenge you.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What you did (and are doing) proves you have guts. I'm proud of you

Jenel said...

I just put a similar "Yippee" post on my own blog. Thank goodness we made it, once again.