Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Aggravation

Urg!

I took my car in for an oil change today and figured while I was there I should have them fix my fan- the heating/AC (and defrost) does not work unless it's on full blast. I went to the same place I went last time I had my oil change and my state inspection, even though they had forgotten about me and kept me waiting far longer than they should have. (They needed a part and sent for it- it never showed and no one checked on it until I came out about half hour after they said it'd be done- about an hour later they finally finished and I was on my way).

This time they told me it'd be about an hour, again, I gave them about a half hour longer and then went to check- they said it'd be another hour. I waited FOUR hours (total)- and then I went out and saw my car sitting outside- who knows how long it was out there. And guess what... they couldn't fix the problem- they told me I had to go to a dealership. The guy was nice enough to only charge me half of the diagnostic fee- but still- paying over $40 to have them tell me to go to a dealership seems a bit ridiculous. Perhaps I should try a different shop next time.

No comments: