Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Random Photos

I often take pictures envisioning blog posts and sometimes I forget to follow through- I was going through my camera and found some of those pictures so I thought I'd share them now.

I took this first picture in Yorktown- every once in a while I drive there to sit and read on the riverwalk when I need a change of pace. On this particular day it was cold and foggy out- I think this is a really cool picture of the bridge disappearing into the fog.



I took this next group of photos at the airport in Detroit- way back in September. My grandmother passed away and I had to travel home on very short notice and I ended up having some very long lay-overs in Detroit which actually worked out well since they have a hotel attached to the airport with a separate entrance (and security line) so I was able to take Rusty outside through the hotel which was much more pleasant than taking him out through the main airport lobby- anyway, this first picture was taken in the hotel- which seemed very fancy, I doubt I could afford to stay there...



These two pictures didn't really turn out very well- but if you've been through the Detroit airport you'll know what I was trying to capture- they have a light show (I guess that's what you'd call it) along the tunnel in between terminals. Rusty was not a fan but I thought it was kind of cool. One of my friends said she went to the tunnel heavily medicated because she hates to fly and when she went through the tunnel she thought she was in hell- so not everyone is a fan...





While Rusty and I were sitting by the gate we were suddenly surrounded by birds- first there was only one, then two, eventually there were at least 6. Rusty wanted to check them out but he showed a lot of restraint.



This last picture is of Rusty (I know I've shared a lot of pictures of Rusty lately- but here's one more). I've been trying to get a a picture of him with his ears out forever- he's so cute when he stretches his ears but he always puts them back down before I can snap a picture- well I finally caught it- how cute is Rusty?

No comments: