Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Utah

I recently got back from a trip home to Utah.

Have I already discussed the difficulty I have in defining home now? Is Utah my home? When I'm there I talk about going home to Virginia and when I'm in Virginia I talk about going home to see my family. Is home where you're stuff is? If so, that's Virginia. Or is home where your family is? If so, it's back in Utah. It's all rather confusing or is it just a lame exercise in defining a cliche? Sorry I'm feeling rather placeless at the moment.

Anyway, I'm back home in Virginia after a trip home to Utah.

Here are some pictures from the trip.










(this is Rusty running with my parent's dog, Angel, and my sister"s dog, Moose).







I also ran up to my old school. The library was under construction almost the entire time I was in school there and the construction is almost done now so I am completely bitter- it's amazing!

2 comments:

melanie said...

The hardest question to answer at a conference I went to recently was "where are you from?" I have no clue!

I still can't get over the fact that they spent 3000 bucks a piece on the womb chairs at the library- and that there are so many!

Jessica said...

i totally hear you on this. for me, utah is the home of my heart, if not of my body. but vienna is definitely the home of my body, and my stuff, which makes it my home. i guess, it helps that i work in an environment where we are all home in vienna, and home somewhere in the usa. when asked: i'm from utah, and i currently live in vienna. i suppose this is also helped by the fact that if i said i was from vienna people would see it for a lie since i'm obviously not austrian, but american. anyway, my 25 cents. =)