Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!!!


It was surprisingly emotional. 

Early this morning I drove past my polling place- the line was insane! It was exciting but since I had Rusty in the car I decided to come back later. So I headed over at 9- there was still a line, much shorter than earlier, but it was longer than any line I've ever had to wait in at a polling place. 

I was surprised that they didn't have electronic voting- instead we had to fill in a circle next to the candidate's name, I flashed back to all the scantron tests I took in high school. 

All in all it took only 15 minutes- and that includes being stopped in the parking lot to fill out an exit questionnaire. 

I'm still worried about the outcome but I feel much better now that I've voted. And for the first time I feel like my vote actually counted, it's kind of exciting living in a state that could go either way- although maybe that's why I'm stressed! 

1 comment:

Jenel said...

You're sticker is a lot cooler than ours...yet another reason to like VA :-)