Monday, August 24, 2009

The next visit...

Shortly after my dad was here my sister and nieces came for a visit- - I miss them a lot so it was amazing having them here in my new home.

Here are some pictures from their trip...

We went to the beach and Rusty actually got in the water- usually he just barks at the waves and runs away.





We also went to the zoo in Norfolk. It was a fun day- but way too hot- we were all rather grumpy after being in the heat and humidity here.







We also took a short trip up to DC. (the first of three this summer- I have been meaning to get up there all year and was giving myself a hard time about not going, I guess I more than made up for it).





I also took them to the Yankee Candle Store (my friends pointed out that Virginia is an odd place for Yankee Candle seeing how it's in the South, and then of course we had to have a debate about whether or not Virginia is really part of the South- I argue that it is since it was the capitol of the confederacy). Anyhow, there is a little show in the candle store- much like Chucky Cheese, ironically it also featured mice and they sung about cheese. My nieces really liked it so I guess that's all that matters.



And of course we had to go to CW (Colonial Williamsburg) here are a couple pictures- they aren't too exciting.





No comments: